TEDxFIIB 3.0- Fly Against The Wind
On Saturday, 5th December 2020, many aspiring students and FIIB faculty & staff gathered to listen to some very interesting stories of guts and resilience in sync with this year’s theme of “Fly Against The Wind” at the annual TEDxFIIB talks. The speakers were some highly spirited souls from all parts of India and all walks of life – Social Activist, Paracyclist, Academician, Corporate Professionals and a few Young Entrepreneurs, all of whom highlighted the overriding need for finding solutions and effective ways to overcome the difficulties to move ahead in life.
Hosted by FIIB racers in a virtual environment this year, TEDxFIIB brings insightful thoughts and new perceptions of the real-world situation each year. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design. With all the excitement, FIIB offered this year’s event with more dose of technology, more entertainment, and with state-of-the-art design. This year’s event, 3rd year in a row for FIIB, was different from the earlier two editions in body, as it was held online, but carried the same spirit with some really heart warming and thrilling stories from across India.
Through events like the TED talks, FIIB attempts to offer opportunities to people in its community to learn, relearn, ideate, explore, execute, and ultimately grow in all aspects of life. It strives to provide different viewpoints to every individual who is associated with it. There is a lot that TEDxFIIB 3.0 also taught its audience. Let us explore it in the coming sections.
Why The Theme ‘Fly Against the Wind’?
Birds and airplanes fly against the wind and there’s a good reason why – taking off into the wind allows them to achieve a higher lift in less time, so they soar higher and faster. This is not just true about birds and planes but also about us, humans. We learn, grow, and thrive the most when our chips are down, but our wills are not. Whether personally or professionally, we’ve all heard numerous stories of spirited individuals and organizations who have pivoted and persisted in the worst of times to launch ideas that’ve zoomed them, their organizations, or all of humankind into the next orbit. As it is often said, “greater the storm brighter the rainbow.”
The Podium of Spirited Souls and Brilliant Minds:
A total of ten eminent personalities with very distinct lifestyles and different experiences shared their learnings and ideas at TEDxFIIB 3.0 – NIRAJ GERA, Social Activist and Motivational Speaker, AVANTIKA SHRIVASTAVA, Senior Communications Officer, RAKESH BANIK, First Paracyclist of North-East India, DR. SUDHIR RANA, Associate Professor at FIIB, ISHAN ARORA, Co-Founder of Fin Ladder, RAJAN GUPTA, Founder of ‘Stranger Friends Helping Hands Society,’ RASHI RATHORE, Co-Founder of the eyecan and a Final Year PGDM Student of FIIB, SHRUTI SHARMA, Digital Transformation Specialist, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, SUMAN ROY, CEO of August Communication, and PROF. SHUCHI DIXIT, Assistant Professor at FIIB.
Key highlights of the TEDx Talks:
The event resulted in the exchange of some exciting ideas such as ‘Cultivate to see the new angle in obstacles,’ ‘Face the challenges,’ ‘Think critical and accept trails’, and many more. Here are the main highlights from the talks of TEDxFIIB – Fly Against The Wind’ which just might help all of us to take inspiration from.
- Everyone should encounter hurdles, obstacles on their way to success and handle the barriers with utmost faith in the self. It will enable them to become stronger to face future challenges. We need to fight an intense battle to achieve our goals.
- As we are flying against the wind we go in the opposite direction. So why not also change our perspective to see the obstacles in vivid angles. We should re-frame the problems and come up with new techniques to face them, shift our thinking, and identify the cause.
- Take a deep breath; think about how we can control the present situation, what we can do to eradicate the challenge so it will never appear in the future. We have to make ourselves compatible to face any stumbling block that comes on our way to success.
- Stay focused on the positives instead of the negatives. “Don’t give up, accept the challenges, encounter them boldly, bravely and maintain a peaceful heart with a smile on your face” as it will give you the best mood and possible ways to think and solve.
- Always learn from mistakes. Also, remember that we are working on pyramids, so never forget the steps we already crossed or the challenges we have encountered. All of those will help us to build confidence and achieve our goals and ambitions.
The talks were interspersed with some mesmerizing dance and singing performances by FIIB students, Pallabi Medhi, ………. (add more names here) showcasing their unique talents. Concluding the event, the hosts Shirley Rex, Akash Mathew, and Shruti Gautam, all senior students of FIIB, thanked the speakers, the students, and the faculty and staff members of FIIB for making the event a successful reality in the virtual environment.
Throughout the event’s preparation in the midst of the current pandemic, not knowing how it will be conducted over the virtual space, our racers worked round the clock to tighten every loose end to ensure a smoothly run show. No wonder then that they put up the show in its full strength and glory.
Never Stop Learning:
FIIB is a premier B-school in India located in the heart of its capital New Delhi. FIIB believes that learning is a never-ending journey and hence carries the motto of #NeverStopLearning. From the cradle to the grave, our life is a continuous cycle of learning new things. In our lives, any individual we meet, any place we visit, and any situation that we experience continue to teach us various perspectives that eventually assist us in sculpting the best versions of ourselves.